./Usenet (AKA Start-Usenet or Slash-dot Usenet) is attempting to redesign existing distributed platforms for communication and sharing, such as Usenet, and make it better. The project goals are the following:
- Design a protocol that anyone can use or implement securely.
- Allow Users to remain anonymous while verifying their identity.
- Keep all data secure.
- Allow for content to be ‘moderated’ Slash-Dot style and prevent anything from being really removed.
- Distribute all data to prevent any run-away admin action, or action from a country, to censor or shutdown the network.
- Encrypt all data to prevent it from being able to be deleted easily, or even finding the contents of the data easily.
The current design of the server is using Python 3, and aims to have as little dependencies as possible, while still being secure.